NOTE TO READERS: READINGS will be sent each week as an attachment to a reminder email.
- During the COVID pandemic, you will not have to sign in before Mass.
- Saturday evening readers will read the first reading, second reading, and general intercessions (if the deacon isn't present).
- Sunday morning readers will read the first reading, psalm refrain (verses read by music ministry), second reading, and general intercessions (if the deacon isn't present).
- Sunday morning Responsorial Psalm: Read and repeat the refrain with the assembly. For each repetition of the refrain (after the verses), gesture the assembly to come in. Even though the psalm verses will be read by music ministry, it is the reader who leads the assembly.
- Avoid adding extra words: i.e. "The second reading is from..." That is incorrect. Rather, read what is in the lectionary: "A reading from..."
- Stay in place at the ambo until there is music (after the first and second readings); if you're reading the general intercessions, please wait until AFTER Fr. Billy's prayer before going back to your seat!