WHAT EVERY CANTOR NEEDS TO KNOW:
- Make sure that you bring a mask for entering and exiting the building.
- Enter the church through the State Street Entrance (2019# is the code).
- Use the stairs nearest the Gathering Space to come up to the balcony.
- Make sure that you know your music before coming to church. I'm limiting the singing in the church, which means a very short sound check before I begin playing prelude music 15 minutes before Mass. The worship aid is published on the website; it's all stuff that is familiar!
- Plan to do the sound check at 30 minutes before Mass starts. You don't need to come any earlier than that. You are also free to step outside for a bit while I play prelude music.
- I forgot to mention that Dr. John Zernia recommended that the cantor sing toward the stained-glass window.